Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Zion is better on a Scooter


Seriously, it was so intense going through Zion. It sucked that there was a fee just to drive through but even then, it is so incredible. I hadn't been through Zion in like 5 years, I think the last time I was there was in 11th grade or so. Well we stopped for a picture and some nice old guy offered to take one for us, high five. The tunnel through the mountain was pretty awesome. My eyes had trouble adjusting at first so I felt like I was driving in the dark, the headlight on the scooter didn't seem to help much. I was frightened to my very core, but Dan held me close and we persevered through the darkness. Haha, that's not true. Good times though. Oh we missed a good photo opportunity as we left the canyon. We stopped to get a picture with the Zion sign and met this father and son who were traveling across the country from New York and back stopping at every national park on their path. They had trekked to California and were heading back to New York and were stopping for a picture with the sign, as we were. We shot the breeze with them for awhile and posed as they took a picture of us on Lady Laser (which is the name of the scooter now, named after the model type: Laser R9). Cool guys, I regret not getting a picture with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment