Wednesday, May 6, 2009

The First Post

A few years back my friends and I returned from a vacation to Disneyland for our senior trip. One night shortly after we were all reminiscing at Lacey Oliver Bundy's house when our buddy Eric Gibson showed up on a little 50 cc scooter. My friend Dan Butler and I climbed on the scooter and took it for a small cruise around the heights of Santa Clara. At first we both felt super gay but it quickly became funny and we embraced our homosexual tendencies. After all, it is kinda weird to see two dudes on a scooter. The only thing worse is probably two dudes on bullet bikes with their shirts off. At least on a scooter you can act like a queer and it's not a big deal. At least that's how we look at it. I'm not alone am I? Well as we wrapped up our trip we joked about the movie Dumb and Dumber and how they rode a little scooter looking machine to Aspen, Colorado. I can't remember who but one of us said how awesome it would be to "ride a scooter to Disneyland!" I couldn't really get that thought out of my head over the next few weeks so I actually started to look for a scooter I could afford. Time was limited as Dan was about to go on a mission to Brazil, and I didn't have enough money to buy a decent scooter anyways, so we put the idea on hold for 2 whole freakin years. We had to remind each other in our letters and emails about the trip to keep ourselves pumped about it. And it worked. Dan has been home for half a year now and during his time in Brazil I bought a scooter that we will be able to ride to California. Finally, after 3 years of waiting, the time has come and we're getting ready to go on our trip to Disneyland. - Kenner

No comments:

Post a Comment