Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Prepping

To catch up to speed on the recent work I've done on the scooter in preparation for the trip I'll tell you all the crap I've done to it. Over a year ago I ran over a nail and had to get the rear tire patched and plugged since I didn't want to buy a new tire. Well this worked for the following year but a couple of weeks ago I saw that it was going flat pretty regularly so I decided it would be pretty smart to buy a new tire instead of having it blow out on a road and have me go flying into oncoming traffic. I went to Stephen Wade Power Sports and ordered a new tire which they put on like 3 days later. It was a lot cheaper than I thought it would be so that was nice. I also decided it would be smart to gain some knowledge of the workings of a motor so I took it upon myself to try and learn the ins and outs of the scooter. I changed the oil by myself, which really isn't all that impressive, but screw you. I'm proud of myself. I also noticed that I had lost some brake fluid somewhere along the road so I bought some more and topped it off. I figured the air filter could use replacing but I couldn't find the one I need anywhere in town so I just got an air compressor and blew the snot out of that thing. I got some air filter lubricant and a new fuel filter from this fool down the road from me who sells that kind of stuff. With the help of my friends Matt and Cody I was able to put on the new fuel filter and a new spark plug I had purchased from a nearby Checker. Thanks guys! My first go around with the air filter lubricant didn't go so well and I put way too much of that crap on there. Trial and error though, I learned from it and I won't make that mistake again. My scooter came with an alarm and remote start system that I disabled when I bought it. I figured two things, no one is gonna jack with my scooter, and it's gonna drain the battery. Well my scooter was stolen once before so I decided I should probably reactivate the alarm system so it doesn't get gangbanged in the middle of the night somewhere. I think that about wraps up the recent workings I've performed on it. I regret not starting this blog earlier because I could have been taking pictures to make sense of all these words but I just never did. So hopefully from here on out I'll post pictures and videos of all that happens with Dan, Myself and the Scooter. - Kenner

1 comment:

  1. high freakin five.
    this will be quite the joyous occasion for you both. :) yay for that.


    ps. i bet i could've gotten you an even better deal at Stephen Wade Power Sports. yes...they are affiliated with ......Stephen Wade Auto Center. and yes, kenrad, i work here.

    ReplyDelete