Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Rain Sucks

On the road again. We were on our way to Panguitch and we could see a storm gathering ahead. We tried our best to beat it but it was in vain! We caught the edge of the storm and even then, it was difficult to travel in the rain. I didn't pack a long sleeve shirt because I figured I could grab one on the way out of town but since it was memorial day everything was closed. It was also very sunny as we left St. George so instead of just going to Walmart as I should have, we just kept on going. I learned from that mistake. After the first sign of rain we stopped so Dan could put on his long sleeve, all I had was another short sleeve so I put it on. Anything is better than nothing. The rain started coming down and it was not pleasant AT ALL. Imagine needles getting jabbed into your skin everywhere it is exposed. We didn't have full face helmets either so anything below our sunglasses was getting hit as well. This went on for about 10 minutes or so before we finally broke free of the rain. We stopped at this Chevron in the middle of no where to regain our senses and look for a long sleeve shirt for myself. 35 bucks?! Yeah right, I'd rather suffer some more than have to pay 35 bucks for a freakin shirt. Rubbish. On the road again we got hit by another little rain shower. After we got out of THAT one we stopped by on the side of the road and did some exercises to warm our bodies. Well, more like we danced around like idiots for five minutes. It really was a lot of fun and we couldn't stop laughing about how stupid we looked. We couldn't help but think about what all the people passing thought of us. Man, we're cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment